Fellowship of Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellowship of Souls

Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello Fellowship of Souls!
Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am by Thodrin

» Looking for an update on what's going on.
Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm by Gallant

» Hey There. New arrival here
Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am by Gnova

» Thot I hope you read this post
Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:31 pm by Ralt

» Thank you for the Invite
Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 am by Thau

» Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?
Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm by Wiid

» Hello FoS Glad to be here
Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm by Seshatnun

» New to the guild and just saying hello
Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 pm by Seshatnun

» Look at our new Coat of Arms!
Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:19 pm by Seshatnun

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khadijah

Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Empty
PostSubject: Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?   Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:21 pm

I am quite simply taken aback by these events. I'm a fairly new member of the guild and have only recently started playing MMOs. In fact, AoC is my first. I am probably best known by my guildmates for the string of clueless questions and silly comments I have made (and for pulling one too many elites at the wrong time). I want to make it clear that though my experience is limited in this realm, in my professional life I have been lucky enough to get to know a wide variety of people.

Fellowship of Souls has been an invaluable source of comfort and a venue where I have been able to maintain a connection with fun people with whom I have something in common. Thotholyte has been a big part of that. Being a new mother and living in a rural mountain community, this game has been just what the doctor ordered as far as social interaction/entertainment goes. One of the things I can truthfully say is that "baby jail" is not so bad because Thoth, Gallant, and other FoS members helped me realize how much fun AoC could be. They answered my dumb questions and really established a sense of community which it turns out is what I appreciate. When I found out today about last night's events and the subsequent reaction by Funcom, I realized the actual game played a much smaller role in that equation than the guild.

To a large extent, Thotholyte's departure, and the circumstances thereof, leave a bitter feeling that really sours my enjoyment of the game. I am not enraged so much as taken aback; the community aspect of the game that I enjoyed so much is vastly diminished by FC's sloppy and heavy-handed reaction to what seems to me to be a reasonable complaint. When I think of the massive man-hours Sesh, Thoth, Gallant, and others have actually paid to work, and how their effort has enhanced MY enjoyment of the game I am left wondering why I should continue to pay Funcom to circumvent that enjoyment. Does that make sense? Help me out, Guildies...
Back to top Go down
Namari

PostSubject: Re: Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?   Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:49 am

I understand completely what you are saying however I have found that when it comes to online MMO's unless thousands follow suite, a few people expressing displeasure and leaving will have little effect. Wow was that a run on sentence or what!! I think it is better to stay in game and work within the channels to change things however it seems that when it comes to Funcom we need to tread carefully in those channels least we be banned.
Back to top Go down
Seshatnun
Admin
Seshatnun

PostSubject: Re: Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?   Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:17 pm

It was a dark day for FoS...and for Hyboria. Our Thotholyte was our champion.

However, hang in there and let the days fall as they come. We are a strong guild and will not close the gates...ever.

Loyally,
Seshatnun
Back to top Go down
Dagony

PostSubject: Re: Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?   Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:57 pm

It is tough to see Thoth go, but remember that the core of the guild is strong. In a guild as large as ours many people come and go, but I am sure you have noticed that solid core is always there and ready to help and support our friends.

I have played MMO's since they were just text-based MUD's and I have been involved in many guilds, Fellowship of Souls ranks amoung the best. This is mainly because people are not only friendly but I have yet to encounter any in guild drama and that is truly a rare thing.

In closing, I hope to see you stay as long as you enjoy the game and the people that play along with you!
Back to top Go down
Wiid

Wiid

PostSubject: Re: Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?   Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Khadijah,

I share your thoughts and I encourage you to not be discouraged from playing. The spirit of fellowship that Thoth imparted to the guild is still intact. Hopefully he will return and all will be normal. In the meantime, your sweet support shows your devotion to FoS and it is truly appreciated. Thanks for being concerned. Thank you very much for your support. It means a lot to obscure members like me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?   Who am I to think I should get what I pay for? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fellowship of Souls :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: What's up?-
Jump to: