Fellowship of Souls

Forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello Fellowship of Souls!
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am by Thodrin

» Looking for an update on what's going on.
Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm by Gallant

» Hey There. New arrival here
Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am by Gnova

» Thot I hope you read this post
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:31 pm by Ralt

» Thank you for the Invite
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 am by Thau

» Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm by Wiid

» Hello FoS Glad to be here
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm by Seshatnun

» New to the guild and just saying hello
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 pm by Seshatnun

» Look at our new Coat of Arms!
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:19 pm by Seshatnun

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 

Scripting by Gren

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gren

PostSubject: Scripting by Gren   Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:25 pm

Usage for all scripts is /<script name> (<parameter> <parameter> ...)
values in parentheses are variable and added when using the %1 - %9 variable names inside a script. Yes only 9 variables of this type are allowed. Others are %t which is your current target, %m which is your current character, and %f which is your current fighting target.

An example using the allhail script:

typed into chat bar

/allhail Valary

yields

All hail Valary for gaining another level! Hip, Hip Hooray!!!

For scripts with more than one variable (%1 %2 etc.) you need to add more than one parameter when you input the script into the chat bar.
Hex color codes were stolen borrowed from http://www.webmonkey.com/reference/Color_Charts feel free to change colors to your liking

allhail
Code:
/gu All hail <font color=#FFCC00>%1</font> for gaining another level! <font color=#FF3333>Hip Hip,</font> <font color=#6666FF>Hooray!!!</font>
usage: /allhail <name>

gratz1
Code:
/gu <font color=#FF9900>Gratz!</font> <font color=#3366FF>Even closer to the cap now.</font>

gratz2
Code:
/gu <font color=#FFFF00>Gratz!</font> <font color=#3366FF>Another level, another</font> <font color=#CCCCCC>tin piece</font>.

Usage is either /gratz1 or /gratz2

idk
Code:
/say You know, sometimes I really don't know about you, %t
/emote crossarms

Usage: target someone then type /idk

nty
Code:
/gu No, but thank you for the offer <font color=#FFCC00>%1</font>.

usage: /nty <name>

want
Code:
/gu Yes please, for %m. Thank you.

Usage: /want

The %m will substitute your current character's name, however this can be changed to a %1 if you want to use a different character.

Example if I am on Grennah and I type /want into the chat bar it is output as:

Yes please, for Grennah. Thank you.

And my favorite so far, and this is where scripting really shines imo.

ants
Code:
/sit
delay 2000
/say What are these?
delay 1000
/stand
/say Ants!?! I sat in a pile of ants!
/emote burning

Note: the delay function does not need the / qualifier and is given a value in milliseconds so delay 1000 = a 1 sec delay. I do not know if this is working correctly but it seems to be when I use this script. I suggest not using a delay longer than 5000 as you could run into some odd problems.

Also you can loop scripts by adding the /<scriptname> as the last command, however I do not recommend doing this either as it might be difficult to break out. It does have it's uses though for certain types of long scripts.

To add any of those go to your \Funcom\AgeofConan\scripts folder and open a txt document using notepad and the names I provided then just copy and paste the code lines above. I suggest deleting the extension from the file name for ease of use.

For more in depth scripting information visit: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Scripts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gren

PostSubject: Re: Scripting by Gren   Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:37 pm

Here is an LFG script that I use.

Code:
<a href = "text://<center><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'><U>Looking for Group?</U></FONT></center><br><FONT COLOR='#CCCCCC'>Currently looking for members to complete some group quests.</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'><U>Quest Location(s)</U></FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#CCCCCC'>Cimmeria - Connall's Valley</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'><U>Quest Name(s)</U></FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#CCCCCC'>Torn from the Dead</FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#CCCCCC'>Dirge for the Dead</FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#CCCCCC'>The Bloodied Spear</FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#CCCCCC'>The Tactician's Camp</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#CCCCCC'>and more</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#99FF00 '>If you have these quests in your log and you would like to </FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#99FF00'>complete them please click the invite link below.</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#FF9900'><U>This LFG post is sponsored by a member of Fellowship of Souls</U></FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'><U>Thank you</U></FONT><br><br><a href='chatcmd:///tell %m Please send me an invite.'><font color = '#66B8EE'>Click here for an invite</font><br><br>This script created by Gren</a>">Looking For Group</a>

This can be edited if you want to change quest names, or locations. Items that can be changed easily are the Quest Locations name: Cimmeria - Conall's Valley and the individual quest names like Dirge for the Dead. I suggest not changing any other information as it could throw the script off.

As always be careful when editing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gino

PostSubject: Re: Scripting by Gren   Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:00 am

Crazy Gren !!!!

Love it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gren

PostSubject: Guild Recruit Script 1   Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:40 pm

Here is a guild recruit script I created. Note, this script will allow another player to click on a link and send a /tell to either Seshatnun or Thotholyte.

Code:
<a href="text://<center><FONT COLOR='#FF6600' face='hyboriansmall'>Fellowship of SOuls</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#0AFF53'>Web Site(s):</FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'>http://fellowshipofsouls.wordpress.com/</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'>Guild Status:</FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#57A900'>Server: Set<br>Recruiting: Yes<br>Guild City: Tier III - Purple Lotus Swamp<br>Ventrilo: Yes<br>Roleplaying: No</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'>Guild Leader:</FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#FF6B09'><a href='chatcmd:///tell Seshatnun Please invite me to the guild'>Seshatnun</a></FONT><br><FONT
COLOR='#007FFF'>Guild Officers:</FONT><br><a href='chatcmd:///tell Thotholyte Please invite me to the guild'><FONT COLOR='#FF944F'>Thotholyte</FONT></a><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'>Guild Information:</FONT><FONT COLOR='#57A900'><br>Currently working on Tier 3 Tradepost construction.<br>Daily events - Kheshatta, Sanctum, Black Castle, etc.<br>Weekly contests for coin and items</font><br><br><font color='#00CCFF'>For invite click on an officers name above</font><br><br><br>Script created by Gren</center>"><FONT COLOR='#FF6600' face='hyboriansmall'>Fellowship of Souls is recruiting</font></a>

Copy and paste to a text file called FoSrecruit. Don't forget to remove the extension from the file.

in game type /fosrecruit or /fosrecruit.txt if you did not remove the extension

/edited: cleaned up code
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gren

PostSubject: Guild Recruit Script 2   Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:45 am

Here is another more generalized guild recruit script. The invite link in this script will send a /tell to whoever posts the script in chat.

Code:
<a href = "text://<center><FONT COLOR='#FF6600' face='hyboriansmall'>Fellowship of SOuls</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'>Web Site(s):</FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#0AFF53'>http://fellowshipofsouls.wordpress.com/</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'>Guild Status:</FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#57A900'>Server: Set<br>Recruiting: Yes<br>Guild City: Tier III - Purple Lotus Swamp<br>Ventrilo: Yes<br>Roleplaying: No</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'>Guild Officers:</FONT><br><FONT COLOR='#FF6B09'>Seshatnun (Leader)<br><FONT COLOR='#FFCC00'>Thotholyte</FONT><br><br><FONT COLOR='#007FFF'>Guild Information:</FONT><FONT COLOR='#57A900'><br>Currently working on Tier 3 Tradepost construction.<br>Daily events - Kheshatta, Sanctum, Black Castle, etc.<br>Weekly contest for coin and items</font><br><br><a href='chatcmd:///tell %m Please invite me to the guild'>By Crom! I want an invite to the guild!</a></FONT><br><br><br>Script created by Gren</center>"><FONT COLOR='#FF6600' face='hyboriansmall'>Fellowship of Souls is recruiting</font></a>

This script is mainly for a Recruitment officer, although anyone with guild invite privileges can use it. If you do not have guild invite privileges then the other script would be a better option to use.

To save this script copy the text in the block above and save to a text file in the Scripts folder of your Age of Conan directory. I named mine FoSrecruit2 and removed the extension. To call it in chat just type /fosrecruit2.

(Note: if you are not sure what scripts you have available you can type / then press <tab> to get a list of all scripts in game.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thuune

PostSubject: Re: Scripting by Gren   Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:42 pm

So if you have no clue on scripting then your pretty much S.O.L? What no macros? they were so much easier Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scripting by Gren   

Back to top Go down

Scripting by Gren
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fellowship of Souls :: How can I help the guild? :: Share what you know with other members-
Jump to: