Fellowship of Souls

Forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello Fellowship of Souls!
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am by Thodrin

» Looking for an update on what's going on.
Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm by Gallant

» Hey There. New arrival here
Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am by Gnova

» Thot I hope you read this post
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:31 pm by Ralt

» Thank you for the Invite
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 am by Thau

» Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm by Wiid

» Hello FoS Glad to be here
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm by Seshatnun

» New to the guild and just saying hello
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 pm by Seshatnun

» Look at our new Coat of Arms!
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:19 pm by Seshatnun

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Share | 

skill points in RUN a waste of time imo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redfury

PostSubject: skill points in RUN a waste of time imo   Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:08 am

I respeced my skills the other day, and as an experiment, I only put just one point in run.

Guess what? It did not seem to slow me down AT ALL. I had 300 in it before respec.. so.... Why not use the useless run points in something more useful?

cheers!

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minmay

PostSubject: Re: skill points in RUN a waste of time imo   Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:40 am

The consence is that for every 100 points in Running makes you run 1% faster.

Most of the skill points are broken. I have one point in every Skill but Running (only add when at x00), Hiding and Climbing (only add when quest needs more)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikkyd

PostSubject: Re: skill points in RUN a waste of time imo   Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Yeah, me being somewhat of a noob, i always like to run faster and i didn't realise that that was all that the points in running got you, so i put a decent amount of points into that. although i respecced out of it and now i'd say i only have about 150 in it. Very Happy
but atleast i have hiding maxed and some in climbing and the rest in running.
WOOHOO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Borss

PostSubject: Re: skill points in RUN a waste of time imo   Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:14 pm

ok wow, guess i've been wasting points in some of these skills. i must admit i have yet to notice a difference in some areas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thuune

PostSubject: Re: skill points in RUN a waste of time imo   Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:43 pm

I simply put points into run until i got a horse then removed them. It does make you faster though. I was running to an instance with rest of groupies and i had to stop often to let them catch up Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero

PostSubject: Re: skill points in RUN a waste of time imo   Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:54 pm

I used to put points in Run Speed - kept it maxed actually - but I came to realize that the points could, usually, be better spent.

Adding Run Speed points for melee characters might still be a viable option, since you get more than enough points to keep the various Rest-related categories and Climbing at a comfortable level, and Hiding and Perception don't take all that much, so you might as well throw whatever surplus you get into Run Speed.

For Casters of any sort though, I recommend keeping Casting Concentration maxed out at all times, keeping your Rest, Hiding, and Perception-based abilities as high as you can, and throwing only what's free after that into Run Speed.

There is a difference, but it may not be worth trading that relatively insignificant speed improvement off for whatever else you could spend the points on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oris

PostSubject: Re: skill points in RUN a waste of time imo   Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:43 pm

The higher level of NPC you're fighting, the faster they run too, in general, so it seems a waste of points. But with my mid-level ranger nearly maxed out, I've outrun mobs with barely a tap of the shift key more than once.

With an Assassin, maxing out run is a must because the class almost requires a lot of sprinting away unless you can manage to take on only 1 or 2 NPCs at a time. Sometimes, I simply am not that patient. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skill points in RUN a waste of time imo   

Back to top Go down

skill points in RUN a waste of time imo
Page 1 of 1