Fellowship of Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellowship of Souls

Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello Fellowship of Souls!
Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am by Thodrin

» Looking for an update on what's going on.
Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm by Gallant

» Hey There. New arrival here
Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am by Gnova

» Thot I hope you read this post
Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:31 pm by Ralt

» Thank you for the Invite
Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 am by Thau

» Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?
Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm by Wiid

» Hello FoS Glad to be here
Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm by Seshatnun

» New to the guild and just saying hello
Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 pm by Seshatnun

» Look at our new Coat of Arms!
Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:19 pm by Seshatnun

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Some armor craft info

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kobetae

Kobetae

Some armor craft info Empty
PostSubject: Some armor craft info   Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Here is some starter info for people wanting to start armor crafting Smile

Tier 1
(Total cash spent on supplies from the merchant: 9s, 30c [310 items x 3c each])
(Total resources needed: 81 Copper, 89 Silver, 100 Cotton, 84 Rough Leather, 10 Ash, 2 Sandstone)
Cloth & Assassin Armor
120 Simple Thread
96 Cotton
Light Armor
55 Simple Wrappings
44 Rough Leather
Medium Armor
64 Novice Medium Armor Kits
24 Copper
24 Silver
40 Rough Leather
Heavy Armor
66 Novice Heavy Armor Kits
55 Copper
55 Silver
Crude Accessories
Shield (10 Ash, 2 Copper, 2 Sandstone)
Silver Necklet (5 Silver)
Silver Braid (5 Silver)
Canvas Cloak (5 Simple Thread, 4 Cotton)

Tier 2
(Total cash for vendor supplies: 20s, 22c [337 items x 6c each])
(Total resources needed: 146 Cotton, 112 Copper, 12 Ash, 4 Sandstone, 124 Rough Leather, 124 Silver)
Cloth & Assassin Armor
120 Common Thread
140 Cotton
Light Armor
60 Flaxen Wrappings
72 Rough Leather
Medium Armor
80 Apprentice Medium Armor Kit
36 Copper
36 Silver
52 Rough Leather
Heavy Armor
72 Apprentice Heavy Armor Kits
72 Copper
72 Silver
Common Accessories
Metal Round Shield (12 Ash, 4 Copper, 4 Sandstone)
Silver Necklace (8 Silver)
Silver Ring (8 Silver)
Quilted Cloak (5 Common Thread, 6 Cotton)
Back to top Go down
Redfury

Redfury

PostSubject: Re: Some armor craft info   Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Wow that's good info, I went through crafting book and added em all up manually, would have saved a lot of time with that list.

I am sure that will be quite useful! bounce
Back to top Go down
Kobetae

Kobetae

PostSubject: Re: Some armor craft info   Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:47 pm

The unfortunate part about the whole thing though is the cost to make any items is more than 5 times what anyone might pay to buy it on the trader.

I have posted in the patch section some very interesting articles about where the crafting is going though.
Back to top Go down
Redfury

Redfury

PostSubject: Re: Some armor craft info   Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:33 am

Kobetae wrote:
The unfortunate part about the whole thing though is the cost to make any items is more than 5 times what anyone might pay to buy it on the trader.

I have posted in the patch section some very interesting articles about where the crafting is going though.

Yeah I read that thanks. Went to the main site of the game and read the patch notes and the forums.

The way it makes it sound is that cultural items will be the best blues in the game, or am I understanding it wrong? This is the way I understand it, correct me if I am wrong:

In order of weakest to strongest:

Blue crafted - (dependent upon guild city tier) - none socketed
Blue drops - (stuff you find)
Cultural crafted - none socketed
Blue crafted - (dependent upon guild city tier) SOCKETED
Culteral crafted - SOCKETED
Epics

If this scale is true, unfortunately this may nerf the effectiveness of guilds trying to get T3 for their crafters. Many guilds may even abandon trying. We all want the best possible armor obviously, and if they make cultural socketed the shitz...

Do I have the scale wrong? Kinda hope I AM wrong, cause I would like the guilds to still produce stronger armor then someone who is nomadic and solo all the time. (no guild)

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Kobetae

Kobetae

PostSubject: Re: Some armor craft info   Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:25 am

Looks that way however, the recipes only drop off bosses that can be beaten by a group or raid group. It is my opinion that anyone that is not guilded that joins a guilded raid group is doing so to help or to be a part of something they wouldn't normally see. As such I feel it would not be something a non-guilded player could even hope to get.

If, for example, we had a FoS raid group going of 24 FoS and then 2 non guilded players ( assuming they were on our vent) they wouldn't even be eligible for the drops.

The craft system as it is "sucks". The effort you have to put into items that make even a blue that is laughable when compared to random drops or even boss loot is sad.

One of the major driving forces in any MMO is the loot and this game someone was out to lunch when they created it and the loot tables. Also, there is a huge lack of information regarding a item. Is a level 50 Light Armor with +0.3 crush, slash and pierce any better than the same item that is a level 40?

I've stopped crafting on all my toons simply because its a waste of effort and money to craft something that is useless by comparison to any drop, even after its slotted.
Back to top Go down
Minmay

Minmay

PostSubject: Re: Some armor craft info   Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:04 am

Kobetae wrote:
I've stopped crafting on all my toons simply because its a waste of effort and money to craft something that is useless by comparison to any drop, even after its slotted.

This is why I havent even started a craft. Hopefully they will fix is soon.
Back to top Go down
Redfury

Redfury

PostSubject: Re: Some armor craft info   Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:18 am

Kobetae wrote:

I don't agree with the "useless by comparison even after slotted" statement at all. I have seen plenty of blue drops that get the snot beat out of it but a well slocketed piece. But you are right about the expense to make them.
Back to top Go down
Kobetae

Kobetae

PostSubject: Re: Some armor craft info   Some armor craft info Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:22 am

"A well Socketed Piece" is the crux of the issue though.

You can't make a blue item unless a special resource drops, lets say tin for example. Maybe I am unlucky I don't know, but I got my first tin after mining over 400 pieces of copper. That's allot of copper in my opinion and the effort expended just so the NPC trainer can take it and keep it and give me 3500 XP is a joke. Ok, yes they increased the drop now and my 2nd tin dropped after only around 150 coppers were mined. Ok now given that my online time has no value and also I have all this copper, lets say that one tin was free!

Ok so now I make one blue armor piece and it has three slots. Ok now on to gems. Only a Oblique cut level 40 and 50 or a Cabochon cut level 60+ will make a gem to fit into a armor item , so no problem there, the cuts are in the recipe book.

In order to slot a blue item you need a blue gem and that only comes from a flawless stone, again no problem. The real headache arises from the fact that even if you know which gem = which effect, the cut results are purely random.

As an example, the following gems can be used for the following random results:

Azurite, Lapsx Lazuli, Turquoise, Aquamarine, Sapphire, Star Sapphie - anyone can be used and the level of the stone from lowest to highest determines how much of a buff you will get.

The random results are as follows:

+ to Intellect
+ to Wisdom
+ to Max Mana
+ to non combat mana regeneration
+ to cold based spell damage - usable by a necro only as they are the only casters that have cold damage
+ to Fire based attack defense
+ to increased chance to totally resist a spell, any spell
+ to chance to generate, upon being hit, a shield that inflicts cold based damge on a attacker

To make the issue even more daunting is after you cut all the gems hoping to get the effect you want, they no longer stack and to sell them, the minimum trader listing fee is 10 coppers. So not a huge amount of per se, but it can add up! Also you could go through every gem you have and still not get the one random result that you were looking for.

So, I am not disputing that 1 in 100 results may be useful, its the effort, cost, the inventory space etc. Taking on TWO crafts IMO is pure insanity as you would need 3 alt banks just to hold all the resources lol.

If there is a way to determine what your cut result would be, I haven/t found it yet.

So, in closeing the:
Cost
Time
Space Needed
Results

This has made crafting, to me anyway, a huge time/money sink with questionable results. There are simply to many random effects and to many different resources.

Now since its easy to bitch about how screwed up something is, here are some thoughts on how to change it, which I sent to Funcom "Feedback"!

Perhaps a different system that would include a specific recipe for say + to Wisdom.
Level 40 gem nets a +6, Level 50 gem = +12 etc. so then you know what level gem to use, so instead of six different gems you have 1 name with 6 levels. Easier to remember. Taking that a step further, rather than 6 gems you have 6 cuts based upon your skill level. So if you cut a azurite with a level 40 cut, you get a level 40 *6 boost to Wisdom! So now you have:

One gem type instead of 5 X 7 level groups (40,50,60,65,70,75,80) Imgaine the bank space just freed up.

Ok so now we come to gem types, yes in the real world a flawless is different from a non flawless, but c'mon, in the real world there are no rideable Rhinos, or magic. So lets stop trying to inject reality into fantasy Smile

Lets add in a Polishing skill that enables you to create a flawless gem from a std gem. So now we have eliminated 7 more gems from the list.

What I am imagining is less resources and more crafting options. Easier to print Polish 1,2,3 etc into a craft book than have a different gem for each possibility!

You remember the Quest in Tortage at the Acheronian Ruins, the one with Genzio and the Talisman? Was making you run back and forth 6 times a way to make the quest fun or interesting? What they did was take a pretty good story idea and made it seem more than it was by eating up more time than it had to be. It seems that Funcom's concept of fun = tedium because not enough time was spent on developing the system or the quest.

Please don't construe my ideas or thoughts on what is wrong as whining or complaints resulting in the usual response of "if you don't like the game, they why do you play"? If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't put the effort into discussing what I feel is wrong and I wouldn't bother sending ideas or thoughts to Funcom.

By the way if you have ideas that you want to see in the game send them to feedback@ageofconan.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some armor craft info   Some armor craft info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some armor craft info
Page 1 of 1