Fellowship of Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellowship of Souls

Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello Fellowship of Souls!
Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am by Thodrin

» Looking for an update on what's going on.
Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm by Gallant

» Hey There. New arrival here
Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am by Gnova

» Thot I hope you read this post
Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:31 pm by Ralt

» Thank you for the Invite
Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 am by Thau

» Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?
Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm by Wiid

» Hello FoS Glad to be here
Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm by Seshatnun

» New to the guild and just saying hello
Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 pm by Seshatnun

» Look at our new Coat of Arms!
Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:19 pm by Seshatnun

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rylant

Rylant

Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Empty
PostSubject: Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice   Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi All,

I have been around a little over a week or so, i have a couple characters, but i am torn and i was looking for some advice.

I like my Guardian (Rylant), he is specced at level 44 for to be the tank in dungeons and i like that he can take a beating, but i am really noticing his dps when leveling (mainly solo) that his dps is well, poor, and i wanted some more dps. Sometimes i play my PoM for a change, she is level 41 (Saabriel), but she can't take any beating really, so this is not really what i want. Overall, i want a melee class that can take some hits and dish out some good dps.

I was thinking this might be a Dark Templar, since they get Heavy armor and a shield, but also spells they might be a little more offensive, but can off- tank in end game instances if needed. Can i get some advice?
Back to top Go down
Rylant

Rylant

PostSubject: Re: Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice   Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Did i post this question in the right place?
Back to top Go down
Thotholyte
Admin
Thotholyte

PostSubject: Guardians dps was taken down, but is being given back   Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:42 pm

From reading AoC patch notes, the Guardians ability to deal out a lot of dps was taken way by a recent patch. However, patch 3.0 will come out soon and it will give Guardians back some dps. As far as specs, please play around with the Feat Tree Calculator (linked from guild website http://fellowshipofsouls.wordpress.com ) and see what you like.
Back to top Go down
https://fellowshipofsouls.forumotion.net
Kobetae

Kobetae

PostSubject: Re: Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice   Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:05 pm

I am kind of happy with the DPS on my guardian, Thespis. I've been soloing for 47 levels and aside from the elite group quests I do pretty well. This evening I was in the "haunted forest" in the FoTD zone and died once while trying to take on 8 level 48s....oops Sad

Aside from that though I've killed 7 of the 13 undead chieftains and survived a battle against 3 level 50 archers and 1 boss. I think I am aggro magnet.

Kobe
Back to top Go down
Minmay

Minmay

PostSubject: Re: Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice   Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:49 am

I have found Guard to be a big pus.. from 20-22 Exclamation Yes i know I only go it to 22, but all of the other jobs I have gotten past 20 could deal with more mobs at one time and kill them fast then Guard. I totaly agree with you Rylant, Guards damage output is extremely low.

DT puts down great damage. Not as high as HoX or Ranger, but higher than PoM. DT has several Tap Heath buffs and combo that allow me to take on several mobs at a time. It is starting to turn into my fav job.
Back to top Go down
Kobetae

Kobetae

PostSubject: Re: Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice   Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:07 am

I have to say I don't agree regarding the Guardian. Getting to level 47 would put me in a better position to say thumbs up to a guardian than someone that only played it to level 22, IMO. However everyone's play style is different. I tried the DT and struggled to level 23 and it actually took more than 12 tries to complete the "final battle" in Tortage. Granted I was new ot the game and I may actually try a DT again, but at present, with a 70 Pom, 56 Ranger, 55 Demo, 47 Guardian, 45 Necro, 18 Assassin and a 12 HoX there isn't allot of time to start another alt Smile

I have found that the necro and the guardian are the easiest to level up to the levels they are at right now.

The PoM was difficult from level 10 on, but lately she has become more of a power house by switching from a divinity to a vengeance build.

The Ranger is fun but if you get into melee range with more than a few mobs you are toast, your melee combos stopped updating at level 20!

Demonologist was exceptional up around level 30, after that it became a chore to solo.

The Necro seemed un-killable up to the point I entered FoTD. She soloed every quest in Tortage, including the Bat Demon and has soloed up to 44 with a total of 8 deaths over 44 levels. Now, in the FoTD its almost impossible to stay alive more than a few minutes.

Up until recently it was lag and a hideous 4 FPS was the best I could get out of my computer. I have a totally new machine and on the 3.0 shader and all the graphics set almost to max, I avg 65 to 80 FPS in most zone. In a private instance I hit the 200 mark.

Kobe
Back to top Go down
Minmay

Minmay

PostSubject: Re: Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice   Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 11:48 am

Yes, everyones playing style is different and I am not Guard expert. To me, the damaged taken and given just didnt seem scale equaly post 20. May be I will give it another change.

I had the opposite experience with DT in the 5-20 Destiny quests. I walked all over all of those quest on DT, HoX & PoM had a little trouble with Guard, Ranger & Demo and had a ton of trouble with BS.

Wish Bow Rangers had better crowd control like xbow rangers do. Just to hard to give up Salvo.
Back to top Go down
Kobetae

Kobetae

PostSubject: Re: Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice   Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Regarding crafts, I have nothing nice to say about the craft system. Subsequently the only craft I can say has value from day one is alchemy. The potions and food have a real value in that many of them last 4 hours and stay with you even if you die!!!!

I can post listing all the items sold by the vendor if you are planning on selling on the trader so you can figure what your cost is. Also Funcom has been thoughtful enough to add about 30 items that aren't even used in recipes currently in the game. So, what to save and what to trash can be useful when your inventory is jammed with ingredients.

The craft that seems to be useful, if not confusing, is gem craft. Aside from that, I find weapons and armor a massive money sink with nothing I've seen so far even close to the weapons and armor that drops. Even if you can make a blue item with 3 gem slots they still pale, so far, to drops.

Kobe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice   Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello All...curious about classes, need some advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fellowship of Souls :: General :: Saying 'Hello' to the guild!-
Jump to: