Fellowship of Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellowship of Souls

Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello Fellowship of Souls!
Using Vent Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am by Thodrin

» Looking for an update on what's going on.
Using Vent Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm by Gallant

» Hey There. New arrival here
Using Vent Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am by Gnova

» Thot I hope you read this post
Using Vent Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:31 pm by Ralt

» Thank you for the Invite
Using Vent Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 am by Thau

» Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?
Using Vent Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm by Wiid

» Hello FoS Glad to be here
Using Vent Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm by Seshatnun

» New to the guild and just saying hello
Using Vent Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 pm by Seshatnun

» Look at our new Coat of Arms!
Using Vent Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:19 pm by Seshatnun

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Using Vent

Go down 
+2
Minmay
Redfury
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Redfury

Redfury

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Using Vent   Using Vent Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:11 am

In game, in the upper left hand corner of your interface, you will see three round buttons. Third one shows vent info.

Vent is free, no viruses or spyware.

When you get high level it becomes IMPORTANT in raids and groups. Even if you are shy, and don't want to speak, you can still use it, even without a mic.

I personally love vent, and will occasionally burst into song!

hehe

bounce
Back to top Go down
Minmay

Minmay

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Vent   Using Vent Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:48 am

Redfury wrote:

I personally love vent, and will occasionally burst into song!

hehe

bounce
For that reason alone I will not be getting Vent. geek

One of these days will get it. I talk on the phone all day at work Razz then I go home to my wife who wants to talk Mad and I dont even like to talk in the first place. But I will get it just be able to hear orders being barked at me bounce .
Back to top Go down
Kobetae

Kobetae

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Vent   Using Vent Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:20 pm

I love vent, but vent doesn't love me. I have allot of issues with connection speeds and people complaining about not hearing me clearly or my mic is making noises or a multitude of issues. I do use vent in small groups with no problems and it does make teaming allot easier. Calling targets, calling about adds, noteing aggro from a certain direction, discussing strategy and just being able to talk and fight or talk and run.

I was in a raid group on Thursday and there was a problem, but I am trying to work that out. Just listening is ok if my output is found to be annoying in some way. So I will most likely join and not talk, just listen or not raid at all.
Back to top Go down
Mikkyd

Mikkyd

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Vent   Using Vent Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 10:35 pm

Personally, i love vent and im not really sure what i would do without it. i have used this guilds vent since i was lvl 1. i have used vent for other games too, and i am on it everytime i am playing the game.

Anyone who doesn't use vent, i suggest you get on and say hi. if you don't have a mic, you can still get on and listen to us, we're usually pretty funny. if you're raiding or in a high lvl group, vent is VITAL and you cannot do raids without it. and if you don't have a mic, a headset is 20 bucks at radioshack or bestbuy.
Back to top Go down
Thotholyte
Admin
Thotholyte

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Do not be intimidated   Using Vent Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:08 pm

The Ventrilo (Vent, for short) client can be downloaded at www.ventrilo.com It is a small file and doesn't hurt your bandwidth while playing. If you are shy, you don't have to talk at all, just listen to those that do. The reason it's important on Raids is that some of the things you attack use different spells and you have to know exactly when they start using them, or everyone dies. Also, there might be places in the dungeon that you have to run to, or run away from, and other things that the leader might call out suddenly. If you need help typing in the vent information for our guild, simply type in the chat window and almost anyone can easily walk you through it. Millions use Vent, so it must be easy! Don't be intimidated and you will see how easy it is to listen in, and yes, sometimes it's funny. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://fellowshipofsouls.forumotion.net
Kobetae

Kobetae

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Vent   Using Vent Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Actually vent is pretty neat assuming the ones with mics don't totally disregard those without them. The most recent raid got to the point at the end where anyone without a mic was completely ignored.

Trying in raid chat, shouting on vent and in the end sending tells to group leaders and I still ended up with no app and as such no buffs. So not having a mic and listening is great, but those with mics need to keep in mind that those without are still trying t communicate. I even had some ideas that I tried to convey for the last battle and I might as well have been talking to myself.
Back to top Go down
Redfury

Redfury

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Vent   Using Vent Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:33 am

I understand what you are saying. There is a lot going on in the raid channel.. However, when I get a tell, it makes a noise, and I notice tells immediately.

You can send me a suggestion, I will pass it on to Sesh or Thoth, or just send either of them a tell directly, I have no doubt they will answer it.
Back to top Go down
Thotholyte
Admin
Thotholyte

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Raid Chat Awareness   Using Vent Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:45 am

We all need to pay attention to Raid Chat as much as hearing the voices on Vent. I shall remind everyone of this, since the way it should work is that the Raid Leader and those appointed to watch for certain things should be the only ones speaking. Raid Chat is for the rest of us to point things out that are important, such as: Need App, rebuff, buffing up, afk, relogging, etc. I know I have been caught reapplying buffs when a battle starts. We are new, so it's no one's fault. We learn as we go. I do not want members getting aggrivated by it, but instead, shoot me a Tell and I will help us work on it. I think we are doing well so far and am very proud to be along on the raids. If anyone has anymore suggestions on efficiency or communication, please send me a mail or a Tell. I want to thank everyone for helping us grow in the area of Raiding. Smile -Thoth
Back to top Go down
https://fellowshipofsouls.forumotion.net
Dagony

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Vent   Using Vent Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:54 am

Got my vent set up and it is working fine except for the overlay. I use Vista and it looks like it is now built into the vent client, I know it used to be a third party program and it worked fine for me. Now I do not see it at all not even if I am just looking in my browser or on a clear desktop. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Using Vent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Vent   Using Vent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Vent
Page 1 of 1