Fellowship of Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fellowship of Souls

Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello Fellowship of Souls!
Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 am by Thodrin

» Looking for an update on what's going on.
Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm by Gallant

» Hey There. New arrival here
Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:13 am by Gnova

» Thot I hope you read this post
Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:31 pm by Ralt

» Thank you for the Invite
Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 am by Thau

» Who am I to think I should get what I pay for?
Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm by Wiid

» Hello FoS Glad to be here
Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm by Seshatnun

» New to the guild and just saying hello
Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:21 pm by Seshatnun

» Look at our new Coat of Arms!
Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:19 pm by Seshatnun

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Thot I hope you read this post

Go down 
+23
belter
Jeza
nodokachan
Sobekra
Zaskaszh
Xirrho
Villus
Orodrist
Redtrix
kringew
testiculese
Gnova
Doofette
sinthers
Jeriak
haiwatha
Aldiss
Eldaroth
Wiid
Sarnath
Gallant
Seshatnun
Namari
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Namari

Thot I hope you read this post Empty
PostSubject: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:06 am

Thoth

I wish you would reconsider your decision. I've been gaming online since 1997 and I've seen some pretty poor c/s, Funcom AO being one of them. I've cancelled many subscriptions only to realize later that I missed not only the game but the people I played with. Lettting a company's poor business decisions ruin your fun is essentially giving them more power over you than they deserve. Not only that but by leaving you forfeit any input you have in to the game. Clearly you have quite a bit of clout if you can have a conversation with a CEO, I certainly could not do that. I have not been in the guild for long but you made my time in game MUCH more fun than it would otherwide have been. I really hope will will come back.

Namari et al
Back to top Go down
Seshatnun
Admin
Seshatnun

PostSubject: Thotholyte Has Been Banned by FunCom   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:08 pm

It appears that FunCom broke the last straw when they chose to ban Thotholyte.

In his, yet another dissapointment, Thotholyte chose to confront FunCom on thier own forum. And upon getting shutdown by Silirrion on three seperate threads with inside several mintues, FC chose to ban him.

I have written Silirrion a person message, a plea to review his decision.

Loyally,
Seshatnun
Back to top Go down
Gallant

Gallant

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Thoholyte, I hope that you can find some way to come back if at all possible, You do a massive amount of work keeping the guild running smoothly and adjusting to not having you their will be a very difficult thing.

At the same time, if this game is no longer anything other very unpleasant to play. I can understand if you don't want to come back, even if your ban is lifted, you shouldn't have to suffer just to play a game, that totally defeats the purpose of a game itself.

Best wishes you you whatever happens,

Gallant
Back to top Go down
Sarnath

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:01 pm

It's always a shame when something like this happens in a game, I hope that you can find a way back.
Thanks for recruiting me into the Fellowship, it won't be the same with out you.

Sarnath
Back to top Go down
Wiid

Wiid

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:13 pm

Thoth,

Hey brother... I just want to say that it's a huge loss for FoS to not have you around. You do so much for us and add tons of content not available otherwise. I understand that you've had some differences with management, but if you could take a moment, please realize that it's really a small part of what this game is all about. Your personal adventures in the game added with the great friends and family you have here at FoS are really what make the experience for you. Don't let the powers that be dissuade you from continuing that joy. Once the ban is lifted, please PLEASE come back. Just let the forums be. We came here to play and to make friends. Please come back.

Marthak

Old Guys Rule!

Last edited by Wiid on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eldaroth

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Thoth,
Maybe a break is just what you need, to go fishing and do some other things you enjoy... but to have it forced upon you like that, especially with the circumstances surrounding the issue is completely unfair and unjust.
I hope the issues get resolved quickly and that you will come back to join us. I have only been a member for a couple of weeks, but I can see your presence everywhere in the game... getting ready to finish the guild city, all your contributions to the website and helping new members with all your orange links in the game Smile
It will be a different guild while you are gone...

Good luck and best wishes,

Eldaroth and his many alts
Back to top Go down
Aldiss

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:58 pm

I only joined the guild less than two weeks ago, and was delighted by the helpfulness, especially from Thoth. All I can say is that I am deeply disappointed by Funcom's actions and that we can get Thoth back . I plan on staying with the guild either way.

Aldiss Sad
Back to top Go down
haiwatha

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:00 pm

i'm very new to the guild but even in the short time i've been here i can see how important you are to it, it won't be the same without you so we'll all try our best to find a way to get you unbanned.

Haiwatha
Back to top Go down
Jeriak

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Thoth,

I can't even believe that something like this happened, It's downright crazy. I've only been in FoS for a few weeks, but you are one of the main people who have made me feel extremly welcome. You have done so much for everyone, myself included, and you are always ready and able to help anyone out with nearly anything they need. Funcom Made a HUGE mistake with this one and I seriously hope they fix it as soon as possible. Anyway, good luck man.. Hope everything works out for you.
Back to top Go down
sinthers

PostSubject: thoth   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Man, you helped me from the beginning, you got me into this guild and everything. Hopefully, we will be able to find a way to unban you. Its just not very fun without you here.
Back to top Go down
Doofette

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Fishing, yea baby. That's one of the few things that will actually drag me away from game play. Disappointment without a doubt is always some part of any game, but what happened with FC isn't right. Go out and catch a few prize woppers and come back when possible. Want a chance to raid with ALL guildmates bounce
Back to top Go down
Gnova

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:48 pm

It's too bad to hear that you are taking a break from the game right after I joined. Would have been nice to get to know you better.

You were incredibly active in the guild with discussion, recruiting, building the city, and probably a dozen things I don't have a clue about.

Sometimes it is good to take a break from a mmo that you have been playing for awhile and to be a tourist in something else. I've suffered mmo burnout a couple times and things just start getting to you when it happens.
I don't know what was agreed/promised between you and the game GMs and you were probably disappointed but no one ever ever wins against DEVs or GMs on official forums. If you had had a similar discussion with them in PMs it might have been much different.

I would suggest playing something else with different ingame mechanics for a while and when/if you decide to jump back into AoC it will feel fresh again. Personally I would suggest EQ2 on a PVE server, there is a pile to to in the game and it is very different than AoC.

Anyways, hope you come back. I'm sure the ban is just meant as a temporary "cool down" period.

Oh yeah. Itzama, Janysa, and a army of alts here.
Back to top Go down
testiculese

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:03 pm

First of all this has been my home away from home for a while. Thoth you recruited me just when I was about to quit this game. You and Sesh showed me the fun in this again. I hope you decide to return because you will be sorely missed. Whatever you decide to do I wish you only the best, and hopefully we will meet again.

Your friend,
Test
Back to top Go down
kringew

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:07 pm

well this is not the way funcom should have handled .we miss you and would like you to reconsider,because i know everyone will miss your wit and your hard work you have done . please dont let funcom ruin this for you or us. you and sesh made me realise the importance of being a family stlye guild .allways in your debt kringew[/u][/center]
Back to top Go down
Redtrix

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Man... Thoth you simply HAVE to come back. I was always saddened on the rare occasions when I logged in and you weren't online. To think that it will always be that way from now on.... Sad

Come back! I need a 1 silver trivia fix!
Back to top Go down
Orodrist

PostSubject: Unacceptable Loss   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:34 pm

Administration,

So, what are we doing about this? What is our plan of action? Are we all writing to funcom to have this decision reversed? We all have the right to make comments and to be heard. It is a freedom we have here in the United States. Let us know what we can do to help.

I admit I don't know what was said, but it can't have been bad enough to get banned. Sounds to me like someone (thotholyte) was making sense, and the MAN wasn't having any of it.

Let us know how we can help.

Orodrist
Back to top Go down
Villus

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:19 pm

Since i'm still a bit peeved at what has transpired i will just say this... Come back home Thoth! FoS misses you! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Seshatnun
Admin
Seshatnun

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:27 pm

Orodrist wrote:
Administration,

So, what are we doing about this? What is our plan of action? Are we all writing to funcom to have this decision reversed? We all have the right to make comments and to be heard. It is a freedom we have here in the United States. Let us know what we can do to help.

I admit I don't know what was said, but it can't have been bad enough to get banned. Sounds to me like someone (thotholyte) was making sense, and the MAN wasn't having any of it.

Let us know how we can help.

Orodrist

Leave FunCom to me.

What you can do, here on this forum is tell Thotholyte how you feel. What he has meant to you and your guildmates.

Loyally,
Seshatnun
Founder and Leader
Back to top Go down
Xirrho

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:31 am

Thoth, come back to the guild. Our achievements wouldn't be possible without you. All those recordings or title points and guild activities wouldn't be fun anymore. Dont let FailCom ruin it for you. Our guild city awaits you grand scribe!
Back to top Go down
Zaskaszh

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:49 am

I have not long been in the guild but I don't think losing one of the founding members is ever a good thing...especially when it happens because of someone else's obstinance.

Thotholyte if you decided to cancel your account because you do not want to deal with perceived in-game hassles, or because it is no longer fun for you, or because it is a drain...I would completely approve. But if you still had fun and you liked the people you played with, I would argue that leaving will do nothing except (in time) lead to regret and sadness.

I hope you come back, and I hope we get to finally blab some, as I never ever really had the chance to get to know you. But above all, do what is best for you.

Psssst...dat means come back, right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sobekra

Sobekra

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:22 am

Wow, this is a sad day for FoS. I could tell you how much you've done and meant to our guild, but I think the previous post attest to that fact. I will however express my own disappointment in Funcom's decision, and the subsequent absence of your presence in game. So with that said....PLEASE COME BACK!!!

Sobekra
Back to top Go down
nodokachan

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 am

Thoth invited me to the family, he and Sesh have been so supportive to the guild. It wouldn't be fun without him. *sniffs*

Nodo
Back to top Go down
Jeza

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 am

I am new to the game and the guild and only being levl 42 so far I really haven't gotten into the politics of the game or the guild/guilds. I have no clue what happened to cause Thoth to leave.
I can say I am really sad to see Thoth leave. He has been one of the few names I remember and while I don't 'know' him .. it just feels more right - more complete - when he is online chatting.
I know on a personal level you need to do what is right for you and your sanity and your family. But know you will be missed. Even by the 'new blood'.
Back to top Go down
belter

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:25 am

I just wanted you to know that even though i'm a new member to FOS I am one of the many that will miss you being there.

It's important that we respect any decision you do make but hopefully you will have time to revalute your decision and find the fun and comaraderie that you brought to this guild.
Back to top Go down
Seshatnun
Admin
Seshatnun

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:42 pm

The way this thread has grown has brought a swell to mine heart.

Here are my few words to our champion, Thotholyte.

Thotholyte, you are my dear friend. We have know each other for quite some time. You have been my council, my confidant and my fiercest ally.

You have touched so many here. And that is not limited to FoS. You have touched and aided a many in this realm. By your sense of what is right and wrong, you defended our right to have a decent realm, not bombarded with atrocities that many would spout.

Your deadication and hard work added great content to our guild, and the server. No one, is up to such a task.

You have no equal, my friend.

Mayhap, when you find it in your will to come home, we will be here.

Sending you my strengh, hope and wisdom during these dark times.

Seshatnun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thot I hope you read this post   Thot I hope you read this post Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thot I hope you read this post
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next